Scope of Services
Architects can provide the following:
- Preliminary services: Advice on choosing a building site
(or measure existing building.)
- Programming: A written description of your needs,
which is used as the basis for design.
- Schematic design: Sketches of various alternate schemes
that will satisfy your program. After receiving your comments,
a single scheme is developed.
- Design development: Drawings, outline specifications,
and estimates that further describe the size and character
of the project.
- Contract documents: Working drawings and specifications
describe the work in detail. They are used for competitive bidding
and for construction of the building.
- Bidding: Help in finding qualified bidders who are interested
in building your project.
- Contract administration: Site visits from time to time
to assist the contractor with interpretation of the contract documents
and to verify that the work conforms to the documents.
The Architect will also certify payments earned by the contractor.